01‐01‐11 - reviewed by Jane (local mum, 4220 team)
For an Italian feast whilst on the Gold Coast you simply MUST visit Marios Restaurant at Broadbeach. The food is divine, atmosphere fabulous and service great. It's a local fav and always busy. Buon Appetito!
Visit little Italy on the Gold Coast for a fine feast.
Mario’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria is an iconic Gold Coast
restaurant located in Broadbeach. It has firmly stood the test of time (after opening in 1989) and become a fav with both locals and international visitors.
Our review of Mario's Italian Restaurant at Broadbeach...
- First impressions count and this restaurant ticks all the boxes. Bustling busy but very friendly staff, heavenly smells, walls adorned with impressive frescoes and a high domed ceiling covered in vines.
exudes the warmth of a traditional family-run restaurant. You instantly feel a part of the furniture, welcomed and ready for a superb meal.
- Yes, it is a little noisy but I feel it adds to the Italian dinner / lunch experience. If you’re after a quiet, intimate dinner then this one is not for you - although it is so cosy I would be very surprised if you cant get romantic at Marios.
- Authenticity is the key to Mario’s modern Italian
menu - fresh seafood, home-style pasta creations, rich
risottos, super fresh salads and gourmet pizzas. (The pizzas are also available to takeaway.)
- I love the pasta - the lasagna is amazing.
- The meal sizes are huge. My husband eats alot but cannot finish a main meal so he orders an entree size and
still is full after it.
- You can sit outside and dine alfresco in Broadbeach Mall, or
indoors where you can enjoy the wonderful Italian themed frescoes and
- On busy days they also spill into the Oasis Shopping Mall which is my least fav spot to sit as it looses the ambiance so ring ahead and book to avoid here.
- Children are very welcome. A children's menu is available - and its just as good as the main menu. My daughter has the spaghetti bolognaise ech time we visit which she devours in minutes! She insists it is the best spaghetti in the world!
- Whether for
couples, family gatherings, large groups or private functions, it really
is the picture perfect setting for all occasions.
The extra details on Mario's Italian Restaurant at Broadbeach...
- There is access for the Disabled.
- Car parking available in Broadbeach (note it can be harder to find a park on weekends)
The facts on Mario's Italian Restaurant at Broadbeach...
Mario's Italian Restaurant is located in at the beach end of the
Broadbeach Mall, in the Oasis Shopping Centre. Mario's is a short walk
from the Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, with access
to the Broadbeach monorail, and is next door to Alto Cucina and Bar.
Phone: 07 5592 1899
More reviews for places to eat in and around the Gold Coast...
07‐03‐11 - The locals will tell you this is one of the best fish shops on the Gold Coast. Fresh cooked fish and chips, crumbed, battered or grilled. Peter's fish market has a large selection of the days catch straight from the ice to take home (or sit at the spit and enjoy). Delicious! Read more about Peters fish market in Southport, Gold Coast »
01‐11‐10 - The Cave at Mermaid Beach is a great spot for locals and tourists. With light meals, coffee, beer, live music, vintage casual decor, friendly staff and computers with internet access - it has a little bit of everything. Read more about The Cave (formally know as The Cavern) »